Our internal rights agency acts as an intermediary for rights sales between our clients in Japan and our clients in the U.S., North, South and Central America, and Europe. This has resulted in many successful rights sales both of Japanese titles (in particular manga) to the western market, and of western titles to the Japanese market.
How we can help
Experienced, bilingual staff (English-Japanese) based in New York, London and Tokyo are on hand to offer a range of services;
- Rights availability checks
- Finding a suitable publisher in Japan for a western title, and vice versa
- Assistance with negotiating terms of coedition or data and royalty deals
- Assistance with the transfer of data between publishers and communication issues
- Assistance with any issues related to payment and tax
We also have a stand at the Frankfurt Book Fair, and our foreign rights team are present at all of the major book fairs around the world to meet with clients and discuss potential rights sales.
Contact Toppan Foreign Rights: